Wednesday, February 17, 2010

In the Beginning....

No, I'm not about to start posting scripture. But I will tell you right now that this is my first post on my blog. Now, honestly, I'm fairly certain no one is going to care to read my blog, but, as an author/artist, this was a medium that I hadn't yet explored, and it somewhat reminded me of a blank canvas on which I felt compelled to splay my thoughts, no matter how completely unorthodox or unusual they may be.

I feel, I suppose, that it is necessary to address my blog title, "A Day in the Life of a Dreamer". While many see it as fairly self-explanatory, there are others out there that may want more in the way of my personal reason for choosing it. Simply put, I, Miss Maya, am a dreamer. I'm spacey and slightly neurotic, I'll admit, as well as being as stubborn as a mule and twice as short. My head is constantly in the clouds, mainly because it's way more fun than being stuck on the ground, or worse, being a stick in the mud! (Oh, fair warning, English is actually my third language. Sarcasm and bad puns are my first and second.) Anyways, as the title implies, I'll simply be sharing the often unusual, sometimes rather entertaining events of my life.

I'm still a junior (11th grade) in high school, meaning there's all kinds of dramatic escapades to come, including boys and homework and the like. Then, of course, there's the question of college and jobs and.... UGH! Enough of that, please!

In any case, I'll try to update regularly, though I am notorious for being late with everything. Soon to come, I believe, will be a post that focuses more on the kind of human being I am. Questions and comments are always welcome, as well.

Over and out for now.

Dream on, my dears.

Miss Maya

1 comment: