Thursday, February 18, 2010

Maya Unwrapped

Hello, my name is Maya. Miss Maya, to be exact. Okay, so, no, it isn't my real name, but I'm sure not about to loose my real identity to the entirety of cyberspace! Hahaha.

In any case, if you're reading, you're more than likely wondering who the heck is on the other side of the screen. And so, dear readers, I'm going to tell you as much about myself as I can.

I'm seventeen years old, a junior in high school, and I'm a trifle odd, to put it nicely. To be certain, there's no way any human being in their right mind could call me 'normal'. I think a friend of mine once put it best when he described me as being very 'present'. He claims that wherever I am, the 'essence of me' comes bursting forth, filling the room. I guess that's pretty much the truth. I have a very... potent personality.

I'm not a large person. In fact, I'm rather petite, standing at a mere 5'4" and just small, in general. I'm not athletic by any stretch of the imagination, a good portion of that owed to the fact that I'm a complete and total klutz. I've actually sprained my ankle whilst lying in bed before. Sad, isn't it? So, as a result, I've become rather sedentary, focusing more on art, music, literature... the humanities, essentially.

I have an extremely over-active imagination. This, combined with my love for books, has made me an avid writer, resulting in many short stories as well as a few yet-to-be completed novels. I've also tried my hand at poetry, though I'm not entirely sure how successful I've been at it, seeing as I don't have any friends or teachers that are truly proficient in judging poetry.

I believe that music is synonymous with life. A painter can create a picture on a canvas, but a musician can create a picture on silence alone. All music, even rap or metal or country or jazz or classical or something more eclectic is beautiful and can tell a story, and I love it all.

As far as art goes, I believe I've tried every medium that I can possibly get my hands on, and done (I think) fairly well. I've had some contests that I've won, some of my things featured in the local newspaper, and I feel pretty darn accomplished.

I have a good number of friends, and I adore every single one of them. I can honestly say that I'm excruciatingly loyal, often to a fault. I'm also extremely affectionate and 'huggy', which often gets me into some amount of trouble. Heh.

I definitely consider myself an honest person, sometimes to the point where I'm downright rude, though I'll admit I've told a few tall tales before.

Hm... I guess that about wraps me up, really. If you've got any questions, please feel free to comment! I'd love to hear them.

Over and out.

Keep dreaming, my friends.

Miss Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment